All Projects Start Somewhere
Whether it be an idea from a conversation, a sketch, or a full 3D model. These ideas will ultimately need to go through a prototyping phase in order to test and explore the form, fit, and function of one’s design.
Producing prototypes is not only crucial to the design phase, but it is also astounding to see ideas come to life with modern technology. Turn your designs into something you can see, test and evaluate with Lamothermic’s Rapid Prototyping Capabilities.
Consult with our in-house engineering team to fabricate your products using advanced additive manufacturing technology.
How is it different?
It hardly is, and that’s the best part. Traditionally, wax patterns that come from an aluminum mold are used in our process in order to create a ceramic shell. When prototypes are built, the aluminum mold is eliminated, and patterns are made with additive manufacturing.
Why Rapid Prototype?
- Patterns can generally be printed within a week
- Receive metal prototypes in 3 to 4 weeks
- Keeps prototyping cost to a minimum
- Quickly iterate between designs before going to hard tooling
- Cut lead times compared to tooling by nearly 6 to 8 weeks
- Prototype castings made from 3D printed patterns perform the same as wax patterns from an aluminum mold and have zero constraints with respect to our casting process